• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland





    Foreign Nationals intending to get married in Poland should submit the following documents to the Polish Registry Office (Urząd Stanu Cywilnego):

    • Passport or other evidence of British citizenship
    • Full copy of birth certificate (with a certified translation into Polish*)
    • Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (with a certified translation into Polish*)

    The Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage is issued either by the local Register Office in Great Britain or the British Consulate in Poland (for those British citizens who have lived in Poland for more than 21 days). If the certificate has been issued by the Register Office it should be certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (The Legalisation Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Norfolk House (West), 437 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2AH).

    • Letter of Assurance - this form must be signed by the applicant personally at the  Consulate. A valid passport, birth certificate and certificate of no impediment to marriage must be shown on signing the documents. The consular fee is £22.

    Please note: both the Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage and the Letter of Assurance are valid for three months from the date of issue. The date of your marriage ceremony must not be earlier than 30 days from the submission of documents to the Polish Register Office.

    Payment is accepted in cash or by postal order (made out to Polish Consulate in Edinburgh). Credit or debit cards are not accepted.

    * a certified translation can be provided by any duly authorised translator in Great Britain and then authenticated by the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Edinburgh, by a Consul or by a sworn translator in Poland. The consular fee for the authentication of the translation is £22 per page.


    Print Print Share: